Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Are you feeling lucky?

                  I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want
            more luck, take more  chances.  Be more active.
            Show up more often.  Brian Tracy.


I had to read through this one a few times.  Can luck be predictable?  Are there people out there that are luckier than others?  Do people make their own good luck or bad luck?  Maybe it depends on your beliefs and your understanding of the world.

 I really like this quote  and it resonated for me.  If you want more luck - then take more chances...  but can it  really be that simple.  If you are more active and show up more often, you are going to be more involved, more engaged and more likely to be in the right place at the right time.  Which is luck  - right?

What do you think?  Is Brian right and is luck predictable?

4 comments:

antiSWer said...

It stands to reason that if you do more stuff, more good outcomes will happen. Of course, more bad outcomes will happen, too, but if you can reframe those as learning experiences, it will always come out looking like you are luckier!

Helen said...

Hi antiSWer,
thanks for the comment. Yeah I agree that you can end up with more bad experiences as well as more good ones - and you are right... if you can reframe them you can end up feeling luckier.

Sarah Stewart said...

Helen, you still have the blog set so I can't make a comment on your latest post. I wanted to say I have been asked to be a guest speaker/presenter at a conference in Hawaii - that's the good news. The bad news is that it is online so I won't be going there!! :(

Helen said...

Hi Sarah
THanks for letting me know. I think i have finally tracked down the little button that prevents comments and I will try to keep an eye on this for the future.

I haven't heard about an online conference before, so that is something that I am interested in following up. Althought, if they have online conferences in Hawaii perhaps it's better to keep looking for a face to face one..... I miss the shopping, the beach and the food. I love Hawaii...