Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rural Social Work Conference - Geelong

I am in the final stages of preparing for my presentation at the Rural Social Work conference in Geelong next week. I have presented different aspects of my research in a few places recently and I am having trouble working out what to include and what to leave out. The conference presentation is for 40 minutes, which seems like a very very long time to talk, however when I practice timing my presentation the time seems to run away and I worry that I am trying to fit too much in.

It's a challenge to work out what to include however, I think I will start with the basics of reflective practice, some information about me and my research, some information about blogs and my blog, then present some of my favourite blogs. What do you think? Do you have any feedback about this approach or any suggestions? Did you attend the conference and see my presentation? What did you think? I welcome all feedback.

thanks

Helen

3 comments:

Sarah Stewart said...

You definitely have to explain what a blog is...obviously. I think the other issues people are always interested in is confidentiality, so maybe you should say soemthing bout that. good luck!

willie campbell said...

Helen
I'm very interested in the way to offer true reflective activity online.
And yet it isn't so very different from f2f- you are really doing critical consideration of a topic, an incident (probably the most usual in the health professions)or a new idea for practice.
I agree with Sarah that confidentiality is important.
It maybe that some parts of the blog should be heavily modreated.
Look forward to keeping in touch.

Adrienne Moyle said...

Hi Helen
My name is Adrienne Moyle, I am currently taking the Evaluation for Best Practice course run by Bronwyn Hegarty. As part of our assessment we are required to do an evaluation of a course.

I have chosen to evaluate the online interaction in the Flexible Learning Course run by Leigh and Bronwyn.

I would appreciate it if you could take the time to answer 9 questions about the online interaction in the Flexible Learning Course.

The more participants who respond, the more valid the analysis will be. I have spoken to the facilitators, and now I really need to hear from YOU the participants.

All responses are anonymous, IP or email addresses will not be collected.

The responses will be collated and reported to facilitators, management and participants of the Flexible Learning Course and the Evaluation for Best Practice Course.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this survey. You will find an email from me to reply to in the Flexible Learning email forum or at my blog.

To complete the survey, please click on the link below.
Click Here to take survey

Please contact me if you have any problems completing the survey.

Thanks for your assistance, I really appreciate it!

Adrienne